Friday, June 8, 2007

Names!

Lengsas. It's probably not a name you've heard before. Well, that is probably because there are only five known individuals living that have the last name Lengsas. I'm so excited to become the sixth!



You may be asking yourself "How do I pronounce that?" or "Am I saying that right?". So, I thought I'd let you all know. The best way to tell someone how to pronounce it is to tell them to add an "L" to the front of "anxious." So, you'll get "L-anxious".



Now, onto Bianchi. It's definitely more common than Lengsas is. It's a very common last name in Italy, but it isn't found too much in the United States. As for pronunciation, I like to teach people to say it by telling them to say "Be-on-key." That's simple enough, right?



I thought this would be a fun post because Andy and I definitely know we don't have the most common or easy to pronounce names. Hopefully you found this post entertaining!









Powered by ScribeFire.

3 comments:

Debbie Lengsas said...

Rosie,

As the "elder" Lengsas, I know I speak on behalf of the whole Lengsas clan when I say we are not anxious about you becoming a Lengsas! :) We are thrilled you are going to be the sixth.

Welcome to the family!

Love,

Debbie

Anonymous said...

Dear Andy & Rosie,
God bless you! Congratulations!
We Have enjoyed your website and will check back to see updates as the Wedding Day gets closer!
Love you both,
Scott & Lori Clark

Unknown said...

Hi,
God Bless you both!!!

So nice of you to start this blog on my birthday! You should do a "meet the wedding party" addition, or something, to the site.
It was great getting to see you this last weekend. Thanks for inviting us to your Bridal Shower. We wish we could have stayed longer or hung out more. We are looking forward to seeing you for your next Shower, here.

Love you both very much,
Sarah and Abigail